Adventures by Disney has announced its return to three European rivers for the 2024 travel season with 22 river cruise departures planned on the Rhine River, the Danube River and the Seine River. Bookings open to the public on 20JAN 2023.
New in 2024: New Magical Holidays-Themed Departure, Plus Favorite Seasonal Sailings Return
Headlining the 2024 lineup is the new "Danube River Cruise: Magical Holidays," departure which marks the first time the guided group travel company will offer a themed river cruise voyage during the New Year's holiday. Guests will board the ship in Munich and be greeted with a German welcome, including oompah music. The ship will transport guests to Austria where they can enjoy privately guided tours in Mondsee with views of the Austrian Alps, a visit to the Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and more. Following the Christmas holiday, the city of Schonbrunn will transform its traditional Christmas market into a New Year's market. The voyage continues with onboard and in-town activities, plus ice skating in Vienna before sailing to Hungary for tours, carriage rides and making and eating goulash.
Returning itineraries join the 2024 lineup, including the seasonal Oktoberfest and Christmas Markets river cruises — and the Food and Wine sailings feature meals, desserts and beverages local to the region.
River Cruising with Disney: Sight-Seeing from the River and Up-Close on Land
Adventures by Disney highlights the following experiences in its 2024 itineraries:
- Dashing through the Black Forest on an Alpine toboggan ride (Rhine River Cruise).
- Admiring the Notre-Dame Cathedral (Seine River Cruise).
- Exploring the historic Schonbrunn Palace and its terrace garden named The Orangery (Danube River Cruise).
- Marveling at castles along the Rhine Gorge (Rhine River Cruise).
- Gazing at the nighttime skyline view of the Eiffel Tower in the City of Light (Seine River Cruise).
- Twirling on a hilltop and visiting the Mirabell Gardens (Danube River Cruise).
- Honoring history by visiting the Normandy beaches (Seine River Cruise).
Scenery can also explored up-close through optional bicycle excursions. Guests can pedal through the provincial towns in France, tour the town of Rudesheim, Germany and surrounding wine country, or bike to the Klosterneuburg Abbey or along the Danube River in Vienna.
Guests can also take part in hands-on culinary activities for a true flavor of the destination. In Vienna, Austria, a traditional apple strudel tasting transforms into a cooking demonstration and baking lesson. At the Chocolate Museum in Cologne, Germany, chocolate sampling guests can enjoy a create-your-own chocolate bar activity. In Strasbourg, France, macaron cookie ingredients guests can bake their own delicacies.
For more information, visit Adventures by Disney's web site.