Universal Orlando Resort revealed more 'gruesome' details about the impending terror that awaits guests brave enough to face Halloween Horror Nights 2022 – including the six 'horrifying' original concepts that complete this year’s lineup of 10 haunted houses, five sinister scare zones and two live shows.
The event kicks off 02SEP and runs select nights through 31OCT.
As Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween event turns 31 this fall, a haunting conglomerate of experiences inspired by traditional Halloween elements and some of guests’ worst fears come to life in this year’s collection of original haunted houses and scare zones – unleashing everything from pumpkins and witches to trick-or-treaters and bugs to prey upon guests. When guests need a break from the scares, they can watch two live shows, satiate their appetite with food and beverage, shop the latest merchandise in an all-new Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store and enjoy Universal Studios’ rides and attractions.
Here’s an overview of the experiences coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2022:
Six New Original Haunted Houses
Six stories will envelop guests in original haunted houses where they will:
- Enter a 1920s speakeasy only to discover that they are the main ingredient of witch’s brew in “Spirits of the Coven”
- Face an infestation of spiders, roaches, flies, bees and more in “Bugs: Eaten Alive”
- Escape or become prey to a no-longer mythical, fanged creature in “Fiesta de Chupacabras”
- Attempt to survive visiting hours for monsters serving time in “Hellblock Horror”
- Endure a winter thunderstorm in a seaside village ruled by an undead fisherman in “Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake”
- Encounter bloodthirsty mutants living in a post-apocalyptic subway system in “Descendants of Destruction”
These original experiences complete the lineup of 10 haunted houses coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2022, which also include “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” “Halloween,” “Universal Monsters: Legends Collide” and “The Horrors of Blumhouse.”
Five Scare Zones
There’s nowhere to hide in the streets of Universal Studios Florida as hordes of creatures from Halloween’s past infiltrate five new scare zones, where guests will:
- Encounter The Pumpkin Lord and all his subjects in “Horrors of Halloween”
- Reap the wrath of scarecrows who will stop at nothing to harvest their souls in “Scarecrow: Cursed Soil”
- Experience a 1950s Halloween parade-gone-wrong alongside bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters in “Sweet Revenge”
- Venture through an Halloween thunderstorm within a cemetery in “Graveyard: Deadly Unrest”
- Escape an evil sorceress bringing forth an army of monstrosities in “Conjure the Dark”
Two Live Shows
When guests need a break from the scares, they can enjoy two new shows:
- Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire – the sequel to last year’s Halloween Nightmare Fuel” show featuring the The Fuel Girls – highlighting a new Dreamer in the depths of a new nightmare set to a metal, rock and electronica score.
- Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale, a new show taking place in the Universal Studios lagoon that follows the Grim Reaper on the undertaking of what happens beyond the grave – all set to remixed music by some of today’s most iconic artists.
The Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store
For the first time ever, the scares taking root in the streets of Universal Studios Florida will bleed into the theme of the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store with a collection of detailed environments inspired by the iconic Halloween haunts featured throughout the event. Guests can shop the latest Halloween Horror Nights merchandise and treats as they venture through a Pumpkin Patch, Cemetery and Witch’s Cottage – eventually making their way to the final room – an elaborate Halloween festival set in the same town as the store’s neighboring scare zone, “Sweet Revenge.”
Limited-time Halloween Experiences at Universal Orlando's Hotels
Guests can stay near the screams at one of Universal Orlando’s hotels, where they can enjoy exclusive benefits like access to a dedicated entry gate for the event (with valid event admission) and complimentary transportation to the theme parks and Universal CityWalk. Hotel guests also get exclusive access to limited-time Halloween Horror Nights experiences taking place at select Universal hotels, including “Universal Monsters Gallery of Legends” at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – featuring a collection of photo opportunities inspired by the terrifying trio of Universal's classic Monsters that guests will face at the event – The Mummy, The Wolf Man and Dracula.
For more information, visit Universal Orlando's web site.