On Tuesday, 12SEP, TICO is holding a webinar for registrants and stakeholders to learn more about recent by-law changes to the Ontario regulatory body.
In AUG, Ontario's Minister of Public and Business Service Delivery ordered TICO to make changes to its governance structure. More details are available in the advisory here.
To implement the Minister’s Orders, TICO is making the required changes to its by-laws. A copy of the amended by-laws is available here.
- Decreasing the number of board members from 11 to nine;
- Ensuring all board members “possess a positive orientation for proactive consumer protection initiatives;"
- Ensuring no more than 34 per cent of the members of the Board are drawn from the travel agent and travel wholesaler industry;
- Establishing a nominations committee with requirements around eligibility criteria for nominated board members; and
- Setting up an industry advisory council, comprised of members representing the interests of travel agents and travel wholesalers to report to and advise the board.
As a result of the changes to the composition of TICO's board, ACTA and CATO will no longer have dedicated seats on the TICO board as they have done since the regulator's inception, ACTA pointed out in a media release following the re-org mandate.
TICO's announcement concerning the 12SEP webinar says attendees will be able to ask questions about the new by-laws.
Registrants and stakeholders can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Informational Webinar Details and Registration:
Tuesday, 12SEP, 3-4 pm EDT
To register for the by-law webinar, click here.