Norwegian Cruise Line unveiled Norwegian Aqua, the first of the expanded Prima Plus Class setting sail in APR 2025.
Bookings are now open for Norwegian Aqua's first voyages to the Caribbean with seven-day itineraries departing from Port Canaveral, Fla. Voyages include calls to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Great Stirrup Cay, NCL's private island in the Bahamas.
Building on its sister ships, Norwegian Prima and Norwegian Viva, Norwegian Aqua will "set new standards" and deliver new guest experiences with an overall 10% size and capacity increase from its sister ships. Spanning 1,056 feet long, 156,300 gross tons and accommodating 3,571 guests at double occupancy, Norwegian Aqua will offer more outdoor space and the highest staffing levels of any new contemporary cruise ship.
"Norwegian Aqua is a true testament of fusing together what represents the future of our Brand as the first ship in the Prima Plus Class, and our commitment to pushing the boundaries in guest-first experiences that will make new waves at sea," said David J. Herrera, president of Norwegian Cruise Line. "Named for both the beautiful shades of blue from the ocean and our connection to the sea, Norwegian Aqua will feature new, elevated and exhilarating offerings that once again showcase NCL as the innovator in the industry and as a key contributor to a new era of cruising."
- Norwegian Aqua introduces the first hybrid rollercoaster and waterslide, the Aqua Slidecoaster.
- The ship features the new Glow Court with an interactive LED floor that transforms into a nightclub in the evening.
- Prima-class experiences like The Drop and the Stadium are available.
- The Haven by Norwegian complex on Norwegian Aqua offers luxurious accommodations, including Three-Bedroom Duplex Haven Suites.
- The ship has a variety of spacious accommodations, including staterooms for solo travellers.
- NCL's Splash Academy for children and Entourage for adolescents return on Norwegian Aqua.
- The ship offers an infinity edge pool, day beds on the main pool deck, and an expanded Vibe Beach Club.
- Outdoor spaces include Ocean Boulevard, Oceanwalk, Infinity Beach, and La Terrazza.
Norwegian Aqua offers Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries from various ports starting from AUG 2025 through APR 2026.
Earlier this year, Open Jaw reported that Norwegian Cruise Line had revealed plans to add nearly 1,000 dedicated single occupancy rooms across its 19-ship fleet. As of OCT 2023, the cruise line will start offering three new solo stateroom types: Solo Inside, Solo Oceanview, and Solo Balcony, with bookings available for cruises beginning on 02JAN 2024. Depending on the destination and market demand, the pricing for these rooms will typically be less than double occupancy accommodations.
More information on NCL's website.