Atout France, the France Tourism Development Agency, has launched its new “France Connaisseur” learning program to illustrate the diversity of French tourist destinations, whether it be heritage, activities, accommodation, or regional gastronomy.
Tour operators and travel agents are invited to follow a "fun" course adapted to their level of knowledge to discover French destinations to help them guide their clients according to their expectations and offer them exceptional experiences.
Several modules allow learners to enrich their knowledge and acquire a “France Connaisseur” certificate, provided they complete the entire course of modules and obtain 75% of correct answers in the final assessment.
These modules are now available in English, French and several other languages.
The France Connaisseur program is endorsed by the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA), which means that each travel agent who completes the training (all modules available) will benefit from a “France Connaisseur” certification as well as 4 ACTA credits. Please visit ACTA’s website for more information.
The 19 modules already produced offer an original and differentiating learning experience:
- Adapted in real time to the learner
- Paced thanks to various gamification tools to discover content and secure learning
- Accessible on all types of devices
This course will soon be enriched by new modules specifically dedicated to “Sustainable Tourism,” the major international sporting events that France will host in 2023 and 2024, and to welcoming people with disabilities.
Spotlight on Lyon
Often recognized as the culinary capital of France, the city of Lyon is the official partner of the France Connaisseur launch, and is featured in the program. Lyon, the second-largest city in France, offers a unique journey through time and the French art of living. From gastronomy to UNESCO’s Historic Heritage, via light, silk and cinema, the city has many assets that make it a charming destination for all lovers of France, all year long.
• In JAN 2023, the world’s most prestigious culinary competition, the Bocuse d’Or will be held in Lyon. The talented chef from the ITHQ hospitality and tourism school in Montréal, Samuel Sirois, will represent Canada in search of the gold medal.
• In SEP, 2023, Lyon will host the Rugby World Cup.
• Lyon’s culinary excellence is honoured in the new Cité of Gastronomy in the historic Hôtel Dieu. Our 2000 years of history combined with the talents of its chefs make Lyon the flagship destination of French savoir vivre.
Please find more information at https://en.lyon-france.com
For the launch of the new France Connaisseur learning program, OnlyLyon Tourist Office and Convention Bureau is giving away 2 gift vouchers worth each CAD200 exchangeable for purchase at epicerienouvelle.ca and/or doucefrance.ca. Draw raffle on January 20, 2023, among two learners who will have completed at least the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes module by January 15, 2023.
Discover France Connaisseur at this web site: https://atoutfrance-e-travelacademy.com/inscription/?lng=en