The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) has extended an invitation to Canadian travel advisors to explore Jamaica firsthand through a series of FAM trips this fall.
Five trips, scheduled from SEPT to DEC, aim to provide agents with a deeper understanding of the island's offerings via authentic experiences, and include themes like luxury and weddings.
Accompanied by knowledgeable JTB guides, travel advisors participating in the FAM trips will be introduced to a range of experiences, including accommodations, attractions, and transportation services available in Jamaica. The goal is to equip the agents with first-hand knowledge, empowering them to effectively promote the destination to potential travellers, JTB said in a release.
The JTB's Fall 2023 FAM Tour schedule comprises the following:
- Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX): 10-15SEPT
- JAPEX, Jamaica's premier tourism trade show, will facilitate networking opportunities for travel advisors to engage with colleagues and establish connections with suppliers. Participants will have the chance to meet vendors and representatives from various hotels, villas, attractions, and ground transportation services in Jamaica.
- Off-Site Weddings: 18-24SEPT, 2023
- This FAM trip is tailored to showcase Jamaica's event venues and off-resort locations, catering to couples planning destination weddings. Advisors will gain an in-depth understanding of the island's most iconic wedding destinations, along with popular resort options for on-property weddings.
- Luxury: 18-23OCT, 2023
- Exclusively designed for agents working with clients seeking high-end experiences, this luxury-focused FAM trip will highlight Jamaica's upscale resorts, attractions, and experiences. Agents will gain a comprehensive appreciation for the premium offerings available in Jamaica, including bespoke tours and private transportation services.
- Destination Fam - Western Canada: 8-23NOV, 2023
- Specifically catering to travel advisors departing from Calgary, this destination FAM tour offers an immersive experience of Jamaica's popular tourist hotspots. The itinerary will feature key resorts and attractions, along with a sneak preview of new and emerging locations.
- Destination Fam - Québec: 5-12DEC, 2023
- Exclusive to travel advisors departing from Montréal, this week-long itinerary will guide participants through Jamaica's main resort areas, showcasing the island's true culture and cuisine.
The trips start at CAD $499, which covers return airfare, accommodation, meals, activities, and ground transportation within Jamaica. Due to limited availability, travel advisors are encouraged to apply early to secure a spot.
For additional details and to apply for an upcoming FAM tour, interested individuals can visit the official website.