Fueled by strong demand in leisure travel, Hyatt has announced it has a pipeline of more than 20 planned luxury and lifestyle hotels and resort openings through 2024, including the expansion of Hyatt brands into new markets.
“Latin America and the Caribbean are top leisure destinations for global travellers, and we continue to grow Hyatt’s brand presence in this important region to offer unique experiences to high-end travellers in new markets and sought-after destinations,” said Camilo Bolaños, senior vice president of development, Latin America & the Caribbean, Hyatt. “These exciting new hotels and resorts across Hyatt’s portfolio of upscale hotel brands reinforce our commitment to thoughtfully growing in key markets that matter to our guests, World of Hyatt loyalty members and customers.”
As a result of the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group, Hyatt’s Latin America and Caribbean region expected growth includes a nearly 20 per cent expansion of Hyatt’s Inclusive Collection expected by the end of 2024 with the debut of new luxury all-inclusive resorts. They include:
- Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort & Spa (Mexico): Ideally located on the island of Cozumel and set to open fall 2022, this family resort will feature a charming setting, white-sand beaches, coral reefs and calm ocean waters – making it a haven for scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Dreams Flora Resort & Spa (Dominican Republic): Located on a picturesque palm-studded beach in Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana, and expected to open at the end of 2022, this property will feature 520 rooms, each with a private terrace or balcony offering ocean, garden and pool views.
- Dreams Estrella del Mar Mazatlán Golf & Spa Resort (Mexico): Slated to open in 2023 and located within Estrella del Mar, a private, gated golf and residential community stretching over 900 acres, this resort is situated on 3.5 miles of pure, secluded beachfront.
- Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya (Mexico): Expected to open in late 2022, the all-inclusive Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya will have 291 suites and easy access to the Cancún International Airport.
- Secrets Impression Moxché (Mexico): Slated to open fall 2022, this all-suite, boutique resort will deliver an elevated Endless Privileges experience with dedicated in-room butlers catering to every need.
- Secrets Impression Isla Mujeres (Mexico): Built into the natural landscape of Isla Mujeres, this ultra-luxurious resort is reminiscent of romantic Mediterranean cities along the sea. Expected to open in late 2022, this adults-only resort will offer exclusive experiences tailored to preference, butler service and curated gastronomy.
- Secrets St. Lucia Resort & Spa (St. Lucia): Slated to open in 2023, this adults-only resort will offer guests a privileged location on the island where they can enjoy views of dramatically tapered mountains, volcanic beaches, reef-diving sites and fishing villages.
- Secrets Tides Punta Cana (Dominican Republic): Expected to open fall 2023, this adults-only resort will provide guests with an intimate hideaway featuring modern architecture and stunning views.
- Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club (Mexico): Located in the heart of the idyllic town of Tulum within the luxurious Aldea Zama Complex, Secrets Tulum is slated to open in summer 2023, fusing elegant and boho design with eco-chic elements, and jungle-themed surroundings.
- Zoëtry Marigot Bay St. Lucia (St. Lucia): Set to open in late 2022, this boutique resort will offer both tranquillity and easy access to St. Lucia’s top attractions, like the nearby Pitons.
The Independent Collection of hotels focuses on unique properties that offer guests enriching experiences. New offerings include:
- NUMU, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Mexico): Guests can discover the charm of San Miguel de Allende at this 44-room unique boutique hotel, slated to open in early 2023.
- Rancho Pescadero, part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Mexico): Slated to open in late 2022, this 30-acre oceanfront escape near the artist haven of Todos Santos will offer a focus on wellness, sustainability, culinary and community-driven experiences.
In 2022, several notable Hyatt hotels opened in Latin America and the Caribbean, including:
- Dreams Karibana Cartagena Golf & Spa Resort (Colombia): Opened in April, this is an all-new, premium Caribbean destination located in the vibrant, historic city of Cartagena and within the premium gated Karibana community.
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador (El Salvador): Welcoming guests as of April, the 138-room Hyatt Centric San Salvador marks the first Hyatt property in El Salvador and marries the vibrant city and nightlife with relaxing surf.
- Hotel La Compañia (Panama): Hotel La Compañia, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand’s first hotel in Panama, opened in Panama City’s Casco Antiguo “old quarter” neighbourhood in April and is highlighted by distinctive, historical architecture combined with modern luxury.
For more information, visit hyatt.com.