MSC Cruises has revealed new offerings for its upcoming ship, MSC Seascape. When it debuts in DEC, the ship will feature ROBOTRON – a rollercoaster at sea with a personalised DJ music experience, as well as two brand-new VR experiences and more high-tech entertainment.
Brandon Briggs, SVP Onboard Revenues at MSC Cruises, said: “ROBOTRON, the first-ever robotic amusement ride to appear on a cruise ship, will create a new standard of fun with an immersive, customized ride experience, unique to each rider.”
ROBOTRON is a robotic arm with an attached gondola that seats three guests - flying them 173 feet above the sea. Riders will have an unobstructed and 360° view of the horizon as they hang over the edge of the deck, twist and turn upside down in different directions, and flip upside down.
ROBOTRON will offer a personalised DJ experience where guests are invited to curate their musical journey with colours, music preferences and more. Seated on the mixer, guests can find themselves behind the DJ booth, with the rhythm and bass visualized as colourful patterns, pulses of light and people dancing on a giant video screen all while the robotic arm is bouncing and twisting in tempo. Riders can also select their thrill level, making ROBOTRON both a "family-friendly and high-thrill" experience.
In addition to ROBOTRON, other high-tech entertainment features on board MSC Seascape include:
- VR 360° Flight Simulator: This immersive simulator is a virtual roller coaster experience, complete with VR headsets and special effects. Guests may choose from various worlds in which to dive into.
- VR motorbikes: Guests with a need for speed can enjoy MSC Seascape’s new VR motorbikes, where players will feel transported into the racing ring, with wind and water effects to complete the experience.
- MSC Formula Racer: This activity will place guests in the driver’s seat for a racing simulation game with realistic effects.
- Immersive XD Cinema: When guests put on their 3D glasses, they can dive into alternate worlds through this immersive activity, where players will battle it out against zombies, skeletons and more. Only one player can be crowned the victor, so guests will need to prove their sharp-shooting skills against each other.
MSC Seascape officially launches at a Naming Ceremony in New York on 07DEC 2022, and will then move to Port Miami to sail in the Caribbean year-round, with two different itineraries:
- Eastern Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan in Puerto Rico, and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic
- Western Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town in the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios in Jamaica
Ahead of its Naming Ceremony, MSC Seascape will sail its inaugural cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) to New York City.
This 17-night Grand Voyage will take in the Spanish cities of Barcelona, Valencia and Cadiz, before heading out into the Atlantic to begin its crossing. Funchal, Madeira and King's Wharf, Bermuda act as stopovers enroute to New York.
For more information, visit MSC Cruises' web site.