Following the news in MAR that Air Canada had concluded a new interline agreement with Aeromar, Air Canada has also announced on 16JUN that Aeroplan is adding Aeromar as its newest airline partner to its list of over 40 airline partners.
Aeromar is Mexico’s "leading regional airline." Aeromar’s fleet of ATR 600 series turboprop aircraft is one of the most modern in Mexico, serving over 25 destinations.
Beginning 16JUN, Aeroplan Members will be able to earn and redeem Aeroplan points on all Aeromar flights. According to Aeroplan, this addition will be Aeroplan’s only partner airline based in Mexico, giving members even more choice when it comes to airline options to/from/between popular leisure destinations in Mexico such as Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Puerto Vallarta.
Aeroplan has provided its accrual chart for flights operated by Aeromar. Aeroplan members can earn Aeroplan points based on distance flown on all scheduled flights ticketed by Air Canada (014) and operated by Aeromar, however those flights do not contribute toward Aeroplan Elite status.
|Class of service||Eligible booking classes||Aeroplan points|
|Economy Full||Y, B, M, S, Q, N||100%|
|Economy||K, W, Z, T, H, G||75%|
|Economy Discount||F, P, L, A, E, I, R, V||50%|
In terms of Aeroplan Flight Rewards on Aeromar flights, please note the following:
- Aeromar flights will be priced based on Aeroplan’s pricing for partner airlines.
- Members will be able to book Aeromar flights online at aircanada.com, through the Air Canada mobile app, or via Aeroplan’s Contact Centre.
- Aeromar flights can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and our other international airline partners.
- Aeromar flights are eligible for redemption in Economy class.
- The partner booking fee will apply for flight rewards which include travel on Aeromar.