Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown celebrated its opening on 14JUN. The city’s first Hyatt Place hotel is located near the Village, one of Montreal’s most diverse and colorful neighborhoods, near the Quartier des Spectacles.
Since a change in ownership in 2019, the hotel has undergone a $25-million-dollar renovation, resulting in modern design, innovation, and 24/7 dining catering to the expectations of “today’s multi-tasking traveler.”
The 354-room historic property features “intuitive design, a relaxed atmosphere and convenient amenities sought after by business and leisure travelers alike.” Montreal’s largest metro station, Berri-UQAM, is connected to the hotel, providing easy access to the Palais des Congrès and other attractions.
“It was a natural choice for us to move in and restore the nobility that this historic building encompasses for Montrealers, it is with great enthusiasm that we bring the Hyatt brand back to Quebec. The Village has strong development prospects and many attractions, and we are proud to be change agents participating in its revitalization,” said Managing Partner and President of the hotel’s new owner, Sageblan Investments, Gaurav Gupta.
“As the Société de développement commercial (SDC) du Village continues to develop the neighborhood, we are thrilled to be part of the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place hotel in Quebec,” said Kathleen Machabee, General Manager of Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown.
“By creating a thoughtful, approachable, and accessible place to stay, we want to connect with our guests in an authentic way so they can be themselves and discover Montreal in their own way. We look forward to welcoming guests and helping them get the most out of their stay whether they’re visiting for business or leisure travels.
Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown features:
- 354 guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a “Cozy Corner” sofa-sleeper;
- An indoor pool and sauna, with a view of Downtown Montreal;
- Several spaces to facilitate remote working with views of Montreal;
- 10 meeting rooms with over 6,000 square feet of flexible space;
- Le Coin Bistro, a restaurant, bar, and lounge, serving sharing dishes and signature cocktails;
- Complimentary breakfast for guests;
- A Starbucks attached to the hotel; and
- A pet-friendly atmosphere.
More information available here.