Kicking off Pride Month in JUN, Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced Hyatt’s continued support for the LGBTQ+ community in showing Pride this year and offering curated Pride-inspired experiences that include up to 20 per cent off qualifying hotel stays with the code “PRIDE” at select locations globally throughout the year.
“Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, and we are excited to share a few of the various ways Hyatt properties and the communities in which we operate will celebrate Pride this year,” said Joan Bottarini, Chief Financial Officer, Hyatt, and Executive Sponsor of Hyatt’s Diversity Business Resource Group, HyPride.
The “PRIDE” offer is valid only for reservations made in advance for stays at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts (excluding Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties, UrCove, MGM, and AMR Collection properties). To use the offer, the code “PRIDE” must be used at the time of booking, and a one night’s deposit is required.
Hyatt’s New York City Pride Offerings
The return of in-person festivities in New York City offers a diverse selection of events to celebrate and advocate for the LGBTQ+ community, including the NYC Pride March, PrideFest and Pride Island. Hyatt is a Platinum Sponsor and has a large presence at this year’s celebrations in New York City.
Select Hyatt properties in New York City will also offer experiential offerings including:
- A retreat in the Financial District, Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel will offer a “Play with Pride” package complete with a Thompson Hotels toys kit, cocktails, glitter bath bomb and 25 per cent discount on Reviv IV Drips for those looking to feel refreshed after a day of fun.
- Guests at Hyatt Grand Central New York will be able to enjoy classic New York rainbow bagels and cookies, available for purchase at the property’s Market in honor of Pride 2022. The property will also display its iconic umbrella rainbow in the lobby throughout the month of JUN.
- Thompson Central Park New York will offer a Pride package that includes a Pride-themed welcome amenity and bottle of champagne, in addition to a special Pride menu, which will donate USD $1 from the sale of each cocktail to the Broadway Cares Foundation.
- Hotel 50 Bowery, which is part of the JdV by Hyatt brand, will offer the “Big Apple Pride” package including a curated welcome drink for two and full American breakfast. On 18JUN, the property will also host a Pride concert in collaboration with Sofar Sounds, featuring LGBTQ+ artists.
- Hyatt Centric Times Square New York will be serving a specialty Pride cocktail at the property’s rooftop venue, Bar 54, during the month of JUN.
- Andaz 5th Avenue, in collaboration with Edward Granger, will be celebrating Pride with an immersive art collection, aimed to represent the many shapes and colors of New York City. The Bar Downstairs & Kitchen on property will also be serving a Pride-inspired cocktail for JUN.
One Pride, Many Ways to Celebrate
With experiences at properties across the globe – from roundtable discussions and rooftop parties in Mexico to unique packages and iconic festivities in Amsterdam and beyond – Hyatt hotels offers ways to celebrate Pride at select locations year-round.
Where to stay and celebrate in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico:
- Park Hyatt Toronto will offer cocktails and mocktails that will be available at Writers Room Bar and support the LGBTQ+ community by donating to Get REAL Movement, a Canadian non-profit focused on combatting 2SLGBTQ+ discrimination, racism and bullying in schools, summer camps and workplaces.
- Motif Seattle will host drag brunches at the rooftop restaurant every Sunday in JUN leading up to the Pride Parade. Being in route of the parade, Motif Seattle will host a viewing party on 26JUN.
- Guests at the Chicago Athletic Association can experience comfort with their Champion of Robes. These one-size-fits-all and gender-neutral robes are designed to provide the comfort no matter how one celebrates Pride in Chicago.
- Guests and dessert lovers can enjoy Hyatt Regency Orlando with a special rainbow cake dessert at the property’s B-Line Diner. The limited time offering can delight guests with layers of rainbow sponge, vanilla Bavarian cream and a hint of strawberry marmalade.
- El Capitan Hotel in Merced, California will host a Pride Drag Show featuring local drag queens on 09JUN and “Story Time with the Queens,” where drag queens will read books, perform and play games with children of all ages on 18JUN.
- Experience paradise at Andaz Mayakoba, where guests are invited to try out one of the specialty Pride cocktails being served throughout JUN. The resort will also host training sessions and roundtable discussions to improve LGBTQ+ travel experiences.
- Riviera Maya at the Thompson Playa del Carmen, a Certified Queer Destination by Queer Destinations and an affiliate member of the IGLTA, will be hosting rooftop parties throughout JUN in celebration of Pride, including a Purple Pool Party and Ready to Mingle Event with DJs.
Where to stay and celebrate in Europe:
- Grand Hyatt Berlin is excited to participate in Christopher Street Day, which takes place in JUL and is themed, “United in LOVE! Against Hate, War and Discrimination.” To raise awareness for the day and the movement, the property will offer rainbow cupcakes, muffins, drinks, and merchandise.
- Guests can secure their place on Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht’s Pride viewing decks overlooking Prinsengracht Canal, located on the main Pride canal, as the colorful parade sails past.
Where to stay and celebrate in Asia and Australia:
- At Hyatt Centric Kanazawa and Hyatt House Kanazawa in Japan, guests can celebrate with the “Stay as You Are – Kanazawa Pride Celebration” year-round, which comes with 10 per cent off the regular room rate and a rainbow Happy Pride cocktail or mocktail.
- With views of the Victoria Harbour, Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong is inviting guests to a “Follow the Pride Rainbow” display throughout the property as well as enjoy Pride-inspired cocktails and special rainbow cake.
- At Hyatt Regency Sydney’s waterfront retreat, guests can get to indulge in limited edition Pride-inspired rainbow cakes and desserts at the theatrical dessert table of the G&Tea high tea throughout the month of JUN.
As more cities and countries begin to plan their 2022 Pride celebrations, Hyatt notes that more experiences globally and additional ways to celebrate Pride may be announced.
For more information, visit Hyatt’s web site.