MSC Cruises Canada has announced the launch of its winter 2022-2023 ‘Fly & Cruise’ packages out of YUL to the Caribbean. The program is intended to provide a complete travel solution with flights on Air Transat including one checked bag, MSC-arranged transfers between the airport and MSC ports in Miami, and a choice of cabin type including the MSC Yacht Club.
MSC Cruises will offer these packages with a dedicated charter flight from YUL every Saturday to FDF and Sunday to FLL and PTP with an allocation of seats available each week, starting 22DEC 2022.
"We are thrilled to continue providing Canadian travellers with one-stop shop travel solutions,” says Ian Patterson, Country Manager, MSC Cruises Canada. “The ‘Fly&Cruise’ program is catered to Canadian cruisers, taking care of them from the time they arrive at the airport until they reach their desired destination; with exciting, exclusive new shore excursions as an extended option.”
Guests can choose from two different seven-night itineraries:
- Itinerary #1: Antilles Windward Islands - Departs from the port of Fort de France, Martinique’s capital, and call at Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe), Castries (Saint Lucia), Bridgetown (Barbados) Saint George (Grenada) and Kingstown (St. Vincent & The Grenadines) before returning to Martinique.
- Itinerary #2: Antilles Leeward Islands - Departs from the port of Pointe-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe) and call at Philipsburg (St. Maarten), St. John’s (Antigua and Barbuda), Basseterre (St. Kitts & Nevis), Roseau (Dominica) and Fort de France (Martinique) before returning to Guadeloupe.
- Itinerary #1: Western Caribbean – Departs from Miami (Florida), heads to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (Bahamas), then to Cozumel (Mexico), George Town (Cayman Islands), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), before returning to Miami.
- Itinerary #2: Eastern Caribbean – Departs from Miami (Florida), then heads to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (Bahamas), then to Nassau (Bahamas), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic), before returning to Miami.
“Our Fly&Cruise packages make these new itineraries even more accessible and provide the added comfort our Canadian guests are looking for, so they can cruise with confidence with the support of our industry-leading health and safety protocols,” Patterson added.
Caribbean Shore Excursions for Summer 2022
MSC Cruises recently announced more than 200 shore excursions available for Canadian guests sailing in the Caribbean this summer season, totalling more than 1,390 different shore excursions globally as part of its Shorex Program. The cruise line highlights a variety of choices for travellers - from families with young children, solo travellers and those wanting to conquer their bucket list. Included in the 200+ options Caribbean options include extended stays ashore or shorter half-day options.
MSC’s Protectours, the line’s sustainability tour program includes electric and hybrid shore transportation that will be introduced this summer. Canadians can also receive a 20 per cent price reduction by booking an MSC Shore Excursion prior to departure.
Highlights of the Summer 2022 Shore Excursions Tours Caribbean program include:
- Over 20 excursions available on the private Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas):
- Shipwreck snorkelling getaway: Guided by professional snorkel instructors, guests can experience marine life in "one of the best snorkel sites in the area."
- Ocean Cay Beach Cabana: Guests can enjoy their very own cabana with an all-day rental to enjoy sunbathing and sea.
- Ocean Cay lighthouse climb: Ascend the island’s iconic lighthouse and take in 360-degree views of the island, nearby cays’, Lighthouse Bay and the cruise ship. Guests can journey up three levels and 165 steps to the top of the lighthouse, reaching the highest point on the cay. Along the way, the guide will share facts and figures on the transformation of Ocean Cay from an industrial site to Bahamian paradise.
Other shore excursions in The Caribbean for Canadians include:
- PROTECTOURS – Nassau (The Bahamas) – Eco-nature walking tour into the flora, fauna and marine life found on the private Blue Lagoon Island. In addition to the beaches and clear water, guests can explore stingrays, sharks, dolphins, sea lions.
- Savor San Juan’s (Puerto Rico) culinary delights provides an escape through Puerto Rican flavours with surprises for all taste buds: from the Chocobar Cortés (a chocolatier created in 1929), artisanal gelato, cocktails to La Casita de Rones – the official bar and distributor of Rums of Puerto Rico. Guests also receive lessons on the authentic Puerto Rican rum.
- Costa Maya - Kohunlich Mayan Ruins (Mexico) situated on the Yucatán Peninsula is the archaeological site of Kohunlich, a city built by the Mayans between approx. A.D. 250 and A.D. 600. Travelling in time, guests can discover the sunken palace, acropolis, and other courtyards in this sacred site.
For more information on MSC Cruises, visit its web site.