Canadians can start 2024 by embarking on an around-the-world cruise with MSC Cruises, which opened sales on 20APR for the MSC World Cruise 2024 with a new itinerary aboard MSC Poesia, set to depart on 05JAN 2024.
The latest round-the-world itinerary follows a new route that includes 52 destinations in 31 different countries. Embarking the ship for a 121-day voyage in the ports of Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille, or Barcelona on 04, 05, 06, or 07JAN 2024 respectively, guests head off for their first destinations, then for almost four months, will be led on an itinerary around the world.
The cruises start off with some of the main highlights in the Mediterranean Sea including stops to France, Spain, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, an overnight in Haifa, Israel and day visit to Cairo via Port Said/Alexandria, Egypt. Guests will then transition through the Suez Canal to the Red Sea where sights of the ancient world await in Luxor and Petra.
After an overnight stay in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the ship heads south to the waters of African jewels of Zanzibar, the Seychelles and Mauritius before heading to mainland Africa for a tour of South Africa – Durban, Port Elizabeth and an overnight stay in Cape Town, with a visit to Table Mountain.
Next, the ship crosses the South Atlantic Ocean to South America for an exploration of the Brazilian Amazon. Sailing up the Amazon River as far as Manaus, guests can find themselves in the heart of the Amazon rainforest. In Brazil, guests can also be treated to calls at Salvador de Bahia and Belém, as well as an overnight stop in Rio de Janeiro, with plenty of time to soak up the sun on Copacabana beach and the nightlife.
Next up, guests can experience highlights in Caribbean: Saint Lucia, Barbados, Martinique, Dominican Republic and The Bahamas, including MSC Cruises’ private island, Ocean Cay, en-route to North America. Here, overnights in Miami, Florida and New York City await, before continuing north to Nova Scotia and Quebec in Canada. On the way back home, the destinations continue with some of Northern Europe's iconic cities plus Greenland and Iceland.
Benefits when Booking
15 shore excursions and a Dine & Drink package are included in each booking, as well as 30 per cent off all laundry. Additional excursions and packages can be booked both in advance and during the cruise.
MSC Voyagers Club members can benefit from a 5+5 per cent discount if booked by 04MAY 2022, plus triple membership points that will be added to the account straight away.
2024 World Cruise Highlights
- Luxor, Egypt: Travelling back in time to discover marvels of the ancient world, guests can discover Karnak, monuments, temples and tombs, including Karnak, one of the largest ancient religious sites known anywhere in the world.
- Petra, Jordan: Guests can experience Jordan’s ancient city see the colour of rock from which many of the city’s structures were carved.
- Zanzibar, Tanzania: White sands, turquoise waters and a cultural backdrop are only some of Zanzibar’s features, all to offer a tropical island experience. Guest may also opt for a visit of the Stone Town, and for those looking for an adventure, they can head to the Jozani-Chwaka National Park to enjoy the wild vegetation and meet its Zanzibar red colobus monkeys, an endangered species found only there.
- Port Victoria, Seychelles: Arriving to Seychelles, guests can discover Port Victoria, the small capital of this country composed of 115 islands dotting the Indian Ocean. Located on Mahé, one of the archipelago’s largest islands, Victoria offers an insight into Creole culture, all through markets, botanical gardens and colonial buildings before discovering the island’s natural beauty – lush forest, tea plantations and beaches such as Mahe Beach.
- La Possession, Reunion: Rarely visited by cruise ships, the destination offers unique sights, including Circus of Salazie, the remains of a majestic volcanic caldera. Instead of geysers of lava, extinguished centuries ago, guests can find an explosion of life, where nature lives side by side with small towns scattered throughout a forest. For a chance to discover a still-active volcano, Piton de la Fournaise offers two volcano craters, the Dolomieu and the Bory, which filled with lava in 2007.
- Cape Town, South Africa: The city offers South Africa’s natural and cosmopolitan attractions, from the wine producing regions, to the natural beauty of Table Mountain National Park with panoramic views over the mountains, city and both the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. A day might involve browsing the shops and restaurants at Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, or relaxing on Camps Bay’s beach.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Between a sea and forest-clad mountains, the city’s streets and buildings have been moulded around the foothills of the mountain range that provides its backdrop, while out in the Guanabara bay there are many rocky islands fringed with white sand. It is also an pportunity to explore the Brazilian Amazon with its rainforest and wildlife.
- Salvador de Bahia, Brazil: The city, a cultural and historical centre of Brazil, showcases its Afro-Brazilian heritage where capoeira, candomblé and samba de roda were created. Guests can expect beaches, modern skyscrapers and plenty of favelas, while being close to the traditional heart of Salvador.
- Belém, Brazil: The eastern gateway to the Amazon region stands as a destination in its own right. Guests can delight in the city enriched with streets and parks shaded by mango trees, the pastel facades of once-decadent mansions now fading in the tropical sun.
- Manaus, Brazil: The Amazon’s largest city is in the middle of the jungle as guests have the opportunity to explore the Brazilian Amazon. Manaus can be enjoyed as the starting point to an Amazon adventure, right in the heart of the rainforest and wildlife.
- Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, The Bahamas: The marine reserve and MSC Cruises’ private island destination, once a former industrial sand extraction site, now offers ocean views, clear waters and sandy beaches. The Ocean Cay MSC shore excursions will allow visitors to explore, discover, relax and enjoy nature’s beauty through snorkel safaris, kayak tours and paddle boarding.
- New York, United States: Guests can wander through the patchwork of neighbourhoods in Manhattan, hidden gardens next to postmodern skyscrapers, or head to the iconic Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. Other attractions include Broadway shows to museums as parts of the theatre and art scene in New York City.
- Nova Scotia: Here, guests can enjoy harbour fronts, sandy beaches and historical landmarks, scenic wilderness hiking trails. The capital city of Halifax offers attractions related to history, the sea, and music.
- Quebec: Guests can have the opportunity to soak up the French-Canadian culture, while walking along the fortified walls of Old Québec, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Scenery can be discovered through the Montmorency waterfalls or Jacques-Cartier National Park.
- Reykjavik, Iceland: Reykjavík, the world’s most northerly capital, is a small port city rich with Viking museums and shops. This destination boasts a range of nearby attractions including a geothermal lagoon, waterfalls, and lakes.
For more information, visit MSC Cruises' web site.