Royal Caribbean's Wonder of the Seas welcomed its first guests on 04MAR for its debut sailing to the Caribbean from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Wonder of the Seas measures in at 1,118 feet long and 210 feet wide with 18 decks, and has room for 6,988 passengers and 2,300 crew members.
That makes it the world’s largest cruise ship, after sister ship Symphony of the Seas. Both are the cruise line's latest Oasis-class ships; they hold the top five spots for largest cruise ships in the world.
Wonder of the Seas is sailing 7-night Caribbean cruises through APR 2022 before heading to Barcelona, Spain, and Rome for a summer in the Mediterranean.
The ship's Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises through APR 2022 include visits to Royal Caribbean’s private destinations, Perfect Day at CocoCay in The Bahamas, and Labadee, Haiti, as well as San Juan, Puerto Rico; Roatan, Honduras; and Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico.
For summer 2022, the new ship will then welcome travelers to sail on 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises to destinations like Naples and Florence, Italy; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; and Provence, France. After completing an inaugural Europe season, Wonder will return to homeport in Cape Canaveral, Florida, to offer year-round Caribbean sailings.
Wonder of the Seas is laid out in eight unique and easy-to-navigate neighbourhoods that make the immense scale of the ship feel accessible to guests, who will find 20 restaurants, bars and lounges, and multiple entertainment options. Highlights include:
- Suite Neighborhood – The new, eighth neighborhood welcomes Royal Suite Class guests to a private Suite Sun Deck in a new location, which features a plunge pool and bar, in addition to amenities such as the exclusive restaurant Coastal Kitchen, the Suite Lounge and the Ultimate Family Suite for a family of 10.
- The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar – With cuisine inspired by Southern comfort food, the menu features staples and new twists on classics for brunch and dinner, and late at night, along with live country music, farmhouse-style decor, a collection of 19 American whiskeys and other Southern libations.
- Wonder Playscape – The underwater-themed play area is a new outdoor adventure for families with kids. Young travellers can enjoy slides, climbing walls, games, interactive activities that come alive by touch, as well as puzzles and light shows. Located nearby is Royal Caribbean’s mini golf course, Wonder Dunes, with a new look and features.
- Caribbean Pool Deck – The pool deck features the new cantilevered Vue Bar, as well as the Lime & Coconut, live music; The Perfect Storm, a trio of high-speed waterslides; kids aqua park Splashaway Bay; and the adults-only Solarium.
- "Fan-favorites" – Guests can enjoy the return of the FlowRider surf simulator, race down the "tallest slide at sea," The Ultimate Abyss; the 10-story-high zip line; scale twin rock climbing walls; explore any one of the eight neighborhoods, like Central Park and its 20,000-plus real plants; or take in entertainment across four "stages": air, ice, water and theater, including inTENse, which features high-diving feats, slacklining, aerial acrobatics and more performed by the first all-female cast in the AquaTheater.
For more information, visit Royal Caribbean's web site.