Following earlier announcements of its first sailings since the pandemic shutdown, Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), has announced that it will resume operations with eight more ships from additional U.S. and international ports this coming fall.
Norwegian Breakaway, Encore, Escape, Pearl, Jewel, Sun, Spirit and Norwegian’s Pride of America will all be back on the waters to explore Hawaii, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Asia, amongst other locations.
“When we first welcome our guests aboard Norwegian Jade this July, it will be exactly 500 days since our ships last sailed,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “I am so happy that we’re finally getting back to what we love the most, and I’m very proud that we continue to redeploy our fleet methodically.”
The redeployment plans are as follows:
- Norwegian Joy will depart from Miami beginning 19OCT 2021 with five to 11-day Caribbean voyages
- Norwegian Breakaway will cruise seven-day itineraries to Bermuda from New York beginning 24OCT 2021
- Pride of America will offer seven-day Hawaii interisland voyages from Honolulu beginning 06NOV 2021
- Norwegian Bliss will cruise from Los Angeles for seven-day Mexican Riviera voyages beginning 07NOV 2021
- Norwegian Encore will offer seven-night itineraries from Miami to the Caribbean beginning 14NOV 2021
- Beginning 20NOV 2021, Norwegian Escape will depart from Orlando offering seven-day itineraries to the Caribbean
- Norwegian Pearl will depart from Miami offering Panama Canal, Bahamas and Caribbean cruises beginning 23DEC 2021
- Beginning 20JAN 2022, Norwegian Jewel will offer roundtrip Panama Canal cruises from Panama City
- Norwegian Sun will cruise in Asia beginning 28JAN 2022, offering a five-day Japan itinerary from Hong Kong, before sailing a variety of 11-day cruises from Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok
- Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia and New Zealand from Sydney, and Auckland, New Zealand beginning 09FEB 2022
Further redeployments will be announced in the near future.
Alongside the redeployment announcement, NCL has canceled all voyages from the following cruises:
- Pride of America through 30OCT 2021
- Norwegian Escape through 02NOV 2021
- Norwegian Jewel through 09JAN 2022
- Norwegian Pearl through 07DEC 2021
- Norwegian Spirit through 28JAN 2022
- Norwegian Sun through 18JAN 2022
- Norwegian Bliss itinerary through 24OCT 2021
NCL’s cancelation policy remains in effect for guests sailing on cruises with embarkation dates through 31OCT 2021. These guests can cancel their cruise 15 days prior to their departure. Those who take advantage of the policy will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit which may be applied to any sailing through 31DEC 2022.
NCL is also extending its 60-day final payment requirement to all voyages with embarkations through 31DEC, 2021, instead of the standard 120 days, allowing for more flexible booking.
More details are available on ncl.com.