Avalon Waterways is offering travellers the opportunity to attend The Floriade and Oberammergau’s Passion Play on special sailings in 2022. Avalon Waterways is also offering a robust line-up of “special interest’ cruises for 2022.
- Passion at Play: Oberammergau Cruises On Avalon Waterways’ Passion Play departures, travellers will have the opportunity to explore the Old World in a new way aboard Suite Ships, Avalon’s guests will enjoy premier seating for the Passion Play and accommodations in the heart of Oberammergau as well as the support of on-site staff. Avalon is offering three Oberammergau itineraries in 2022 sailing the Rhine and Danube Rivers.
- Bloom & Grow: Floriade Cruises Avalon is also inviting travellers to be their guest at the 2022 International Horticultural Exhibition Floriade Expo. This event in the Dutch town of Almere can now be witnessed as an included excursion on three Holland river cruises with Avalon Waterways. It’s also available as an optional excursion on 12 itineraries.
In addition to its “special event” itineraries, Avalon is offering a variety of “special interest” cruises in 2022, inviting travellers to pack their passions on vacation.
“These itineraries complement stories with stout, winding scenery with wine, palatial impressions with palaces and photography and fairytale villages with holiday festivities,” said Pam Hoffee, managing director of Avalon Waterways.
“Our special interest vacations unite our guests with their pastimes and other like-minded travellers.”
Examples of special interest cruises include:
- Holiday Joy and Jolly: Festive Time Cruises Travellers will experience the jolly atmosphere on the festively decorated Suite Ship as they partake in the local traditions of Europe’s Christmas markets. In 2022, Avalon Waterways is offering 17 Christmas Cruises throughout Europe.
- The World in Red & White: Wine Cruises On these wine cruises, vino-lovers of the world unite with the world’s most renowned winemakers and wine masters on the rolling vineyards of Europe along the Danube, Moselle, Rhône and Saône Rivers.
- Adventure is Brewing: Beer Cruises Pairing fascinating history with a beverage that goes just as far back in time, an Avalon beer will take travellers to visit some of the greatest beer scenes in Europe. New for 2022 are Bites, Brews & Views cruises through Holland & Belgium.
- Palate-Pleasing Fun: Culinary Cruises France is home to food-lovers who love to share famous dishes and to dish over the stories behind authentic recipes. Savour an adventure in haute cuisine and family favourites on a culinary cruise through Burgundy and Provence.
Individuals who book now will receive free air from select Canadian gateways plus savings of up to $1,300 per couple on select 2022 Avalon Waterways river cruises. For more details, click here.