Holland America Line has announced (30MAR) that its two ships, Zaandam and Nieuw Statendam, will sail along the East Coast of North America from MAY through OCT 2022.
Zaandam and Nieuw Statendam will offer a series of six- through eight-day “Canada & New England Discovery” departures featuring New England’s quintessential towns and Canada’s undeniable Old-World French flair. Aboard Nieuw Statendam, guests also can set off on explorations up to 24 days that stretch to Newfoundland, Greenland and Iceland.
New and Notable in 2022:
- In August 2022, Nieuw Statendam will debut as the first Pinnacle Class ship to sail to Canada, New England and beyond.
- A new 24-day cruise departing 03AUG, 2022, on Nieuw Statendam sails roundtrip from Boston, Massachusetts, and circumnavigates Iceland, making six calls around the country, with additional visits to Greenland, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Ports include Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia; Saint-Pierre, St. John’s, Red Bay, St. Anthony and Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Qaqortoq (Julianehåb) and Nanortalik (Ilivileq), Greenland; and Reykjavík (evening stay), Djúpivogur, Seydisfjörur, Akureyri, Isafjörour and Grundarfjörour, Iceland.
- Zaandam will cruise in the summer and fall between Boston and Montréal on a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” cruises with weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, and the Canadian destinations of Québec City, Québec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Sydney and Halifax.
- Nieuw Statendam will sail six- through eight-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries between Boston and Québec City, with weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. The eight-day cruise adds Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Nieuw Statendam offers longer “Newfoundland & New England Discovery” cruises that sail between Boston and Québec City. Ports on the 10-day cruise include Baie-Comeau and Havre-Saint-Pierre, Québec; and Corner Brook, St. Anthony, St. John’s, Halifax and Bar Harbor. The 11-day departure calls at Portland, Maine; Saguenay, Québec; and Saint John, Halifax, Corner Brook (evening stay), Charlottetown and Baie-Comeau.
- Zaandam offers nine-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic Coast between Montréal and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in May and October, while Nieuw Statendam leisurely cruises from Québec City to Fort Lauderdale in October on a 14-day voyage.
Explore Food, Wine and Culture on Culinary Tours
Holland America Line is offering exclusive shore excursions in partnership with FOOD & WINE magazine to showcase the tastes of the region. On Canada and New England cruises, guests will have the experience to indulge in authentic and iconic food from the destination.
Save Now, Cruise Later
For a limited time, guests who book 2022 Canada & New England cruises by 19APR, 2021, can receive up to $2,300 in amenities, including a free Signature Beverage Package, prepaid gratuities, free Signature Dining Package and 50% reduced deposits, plus free Wi-Fi for suites. Canada and New England cruise-only pricing starts at $799 per person, double occupancy.