Majority of Domestic Flights in Canada Are Getting Cancelled or Delayed

More than half of all domestic flights from Canada’s major airports are being cancelled or delayed, reports CTV News. That’s despite the vaccine mandate for airline staff being lifted 22JUN, which was a measure that was supposed to reduce delays and cancellations by Canada’s airlines.

Fredericton, N.B.-based data strategy agency DataWazo tracked domestic flight statuses from YUL, YYZ, YTZ, YHZ, YOW, and YYC since 22JUN. The data company says there was not much difference in the data before and after the rules changed. Of the 257 domestic flights tracked by DataWazo since that date, 54 per cent of them were cancelled or delayed (16 per cent and 38 per cent, respectively).

Out of 80 domestic flights from YUL, 25 per cent were cancelled and 43 per cent were delayed (totalling 68 per cent). Out of 72 flights at YYZ, 22 per cent were cancelled and 54 per cent were delayed (totalling 76 per cent).

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY
You may also like
at the airport
UNWTO: Global Travel Half-Way to Recovery but “Headwinds” Could Delay Full Return
The UNWTO sees travel reaching just 55 to 70 per cent of 2019 levels globally this year, with some regions excelling, ...
Windstar Dianna Rom
Windstar Cruises Promotes Dianna Rom to Senior Director of Sales
Dianna Rom has been with Windstar for seven years. In her new, expanded role, she will lead U.S. domestic and international ...
WestJet Workers at YYZ Join Colleagues in Western Canada in Unionizing
Nearly 400 workers at YYZ have become the latest WestJet employees to join Unifor, the same day that newly-unionized colleagues at ...
ArriveCAN app, Canadian flag
Full Staffing plus ArriveCAN Improvements: Ottawa Claims Progress Made with Airport Congestion
The federal government has announced progress in helping get Canada's airports operating effectively again, including communicating with pax, staffing levels, and ...
Patricia Di Benedetto Appointed Canadian Sales Lead for MSC’s New Luxury Explora Journeys
Explora Journeys, the upcoming, small-ship luxury division of MSC Group, has appointed Patricia Di Benedetto as its Toronto-based Business Relationship Lead ...

Leave a Reply