MSC Cruises’ entire fleet of 19 ships is back at sea following MSC Musica’s return to water on 05JUN. MSC Musica set sail for the first of its planned 23 seven-night summer 2022 voyages to Katakolon in Greece, the Greek islands of Crete and Santorini, as well as Bari (Italy), before the ship returns to its seasonal homeport next weekend. The cruise line then plans to add two new ships later in 2022.
“We are so proud to see our entire fleet back at sea. It has been a challenge given the pandemic, but our industry leading health and safety protocol has put us in a position of strength and confidence, so all our vessels are at sea to give our travel agent partners and their customers what they want, being: relaxing, enjoyable and, above all else, safe cruise holidays,” said Ian Patterson, Country Manager, MSC Cruises Canada.
“Additionally, we were the first major cruise line to return to international cruising in summer 2020 as health and safety is paramount for all of us at MSC Cruises which was aptly demonstrated - as we promised last year - with our entire fleet of ships back at sea for summer 2022.”
Following the global cruise industry’s shutdown in MAR 2020 because of the pandemic, MSC Grandiosa became the first ship of any major cruise line to return to sea in AUG 2020 under MSC Cruises’ health and safety protocols.
Throughout the pandemic, MSC Cruises stuck with its expansion program and, in 2021, it introduced two new vessels to its fleet, being: MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore. Additionally, the brand will welcome two more ships at the end of 2022 – MSC Seascape and its first liquefied natural gas-powered vessel (LNG), MSC World Europa. Sales for both ships are open now.
MSC Cruises’ full fleet deployment for summer 2022 is:
- North America:
- MSC Divina - homeport Port Canaveral
- MSC Seashore - homeport Miami.
- East Mediterranean:
- MSC Armonia - homeport Venice/Marghera
- MSC Fantasia - homeport Trieste
- MSC Lirica - homeport Piraeus
- MSC Musica - homeport Monfalcone/Venice
- MSC Sinfonia – Venice/Marghera.
- West Mediterranean:
- MSC Meraviglia - homeport Barcelona
- MSC Opera - homeport Genoa
- MSC Orchestra - homeport Genoa
- MSC Seaside - homeport Genoa
- MSC Seaview - homeport Genoa
- MSC Splendida - homeport Genoa.
- Northern Europe:
- MSC Grandiosa - homeport Kiel
- MSC Magnifica - homeport Hamburg
- MSC Poesia - homeport Warnemünde
- MSC Preziosa - homeport Kiel
- MSC Virtuosa - homeport Southampton.
- Middle East:
- MSC Bellissima - homeports Dubai.
For more information on MSC Cruises, visit its web site.