Last week, Travel Professionals International (TPI) gathered virtually for a mid-year conference, a 2-day event with 350 attendees and over 30 supplier partners.
TPI Advisors were able to participate in partner networking sessions and featured presentations led by Nino Montagnese, Vice President, Air Canada Vacations, Gary Murphy, Co-Owner & Senior Vice President, Sales, AMAWaterways, Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President of Sales, Trade Support and Service, Royal Caribbean International, Rob McChlery, Partner, Senior Associate, Investors Group, and keynote session delivered by Geraldine Ree.
Along with peer-to-peer networking conversations, 3 Advisor Panels were held on the topics “Advisor Efficiencies with Technology”, “Leading forward with Groups”, and “Activate your Brand Story.”
The conference concluded with an announcement for their 2022 Conference, an in-person event to be held 01-05MAY 2022.
During the past, pandemic year, TPI pointed out to attendees how it pivoted to keep advisors and consumers engaged, informed, and motivated. The Virtuoso agency:
- Held Advisor commissions and Velocity levels for 2 years
- Partnered with Morneau Shepell to introduce an Advisor Assistance Program free of charge for staff
- Launched booking and customer information forms with Terms & Conditions program that is customizable for a variety of travel types
- Introduced a Self-Service portal allowing TPI advisor to easily charge service fees
- Developed the TPI@Home portal/COVID-19 website
- Introduced monthly marketing training in partnership with Sandra McLemore of Travel & Marketing Media
- Launched a company talk show and held over 160 episodes of the “Z&C Show”
- Began their Sustainability Travel Community
- Published an e-Book featuring three simple actions advisors can focus on to navigate out of the crisis
- Successfully held a TPI Virtual Conference with over 400 attendees in November
- Held 25 Virtual consumer events
- Conducted over 1500+ outbound calls to Advisors
- Raised over $2000 for Breast Cancer awareness during the TPI Walktober Challenge
- Raised over $1000 for Planeterra Trek
TPI CEO Zeina Gedeon said: “We’re thankful for all our Advisors and Partners that joined us this week virtually, but nothing replaces in person connection, TPI plans to conduct in person Fall Connections with our advisors across the country in OCT, but we’re really looking forward to one hell of a gathering at our conference in MAY 2022!”