Heading into the busy March Break, spring, and summer travel seasons, the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO) says it has been reminding consumers of the benefits and consumer protection available when booking with a TICO registered travel agency, booking website or tour operator.
As part of its efforts, TICO has partnered with media organizations and prominent Ontario-based social media creators to spread this message to diverse audiences.
TICO is encouraging members to share these resources on their own social media accounts, or via email to clients:
Zoomer Media - Travel Has Changed – Top Tips for Booking Travel in 2023
Curiocity Toronto - This Ontario council can help you avoid travel scams for no added cost
- The Curious Creature – click here for video
- Isabelle Cheng – click here for video
- Natalie Preddie – click here for video
- The Travelling Foodie – click here for video
Articles in community newspapers
Additionally, TICO is distributing pre-written articles to community newspapers in Ontario to enhance awareness of consumer protection available to travellers and the value of booking with a TICO registered business.
- Travel tips for 2023 – click here to read
- How to get help if your travel didn’t go as planned – click here to read
- Tips for booking last-minute travel – click here to read
- 2 fine-print details to check in your travel booking – click here to read
- Booking travel online? Check where the website is located – click here to read
TICO’s Registrant Toolkit
To support registrants with materials that speak to consumer protection, TICO offers a free digital Registrant Toolkit with shareable resources that speak to the value of booking with a TICO-registered business.
For more information on TICO, visit its web site.