04MAY marks another Travel Agent Day, with the occasion in 2022 coming as the travel agency and advisor community is struggling to recover from the darkest days of the modern travel industry.
Against this backdrop, Open Jaw asked ACTA's president, Wendy Paradis, if it's really a day to celebrate? Her answer was decisive:
“Yes I DO think we have a lot to celebrate," she emphasized.
"The last two years have a been challenging period for travel agents AND TRAVELLERS. Travel agents have been with their clients every step of the way navigating the complexity of travelling during a pandemic. We are proud of how our members have stepped up to serve travellers. But we also have other things to celebrate… the easing of travel restrictions and increased travel bookings!"
A release from ACTA also added, "There has never been more reason to take a moment and celebrate travel agents as there is today. Travel agents have never faced so much adversity as in the past 25 months – yet they have worked tirelessly for their clients, advocated for support over and over again, and now travel agents are finally seeing the return of travel."
To mark Travel Agent Day, ACTA has also launched a new contest for advisors.
Five Canadian Travel Agents will be randomly selected to win one of four prizes:
- 2 system-wide, Air Canada economy class tickets
- One – four-night prize to any Sandals/Beaches Resort
- One complimentary Independent Travel Agent Membership
- One complimentary enrollment to Travel Agent Essentials Course
- One complimentary enrollment into an ACTA's Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) Course
To qualify, agents must:
- Follow @ACTACanada and/or @ACTAQuebec
- Like ACTA's Travel Agent Day post
- Tag a fellow Travel Agent in the comments (Every comment = 1 entry)
- Share the post in their story. Agents MUST tag @actacanada/@actaquebec for 5 extra entries
The last day to enter the contest will be 25MAY at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be announced in ACTA's member newsletter and on ACTA’s social feed on 03JUN. This contest is only open to Canadian travel agents.
For more information, visit ACTA's web site.