Effective 16JUN 2021, expedition cruising company Adventure Canada is modifying its deposit and cancellation terms in order to better protect agent commissions.
Adventure Canada has increased agent commission protection to $250 per traveller. The company is also making corresponding changes to its clients’ deposit and cancellation terms so that it can ensure this protection going forward.
The changes are as follows:
- A $2,000 USD deposit per person, per trip is required at the time of booking
- If an agent’s client cancels their trip up to 121 days before their departure date, a cancellation penalty of $1,000 USD per person, per trip will be held as a Future Travel Credit
Additionally, if a client cancels their trip, the commission of the agent will be protected as follows:
- Between the date of booking and 121 days prior to departure, agents will receive a $250 USD commission per client
- Between 120 and 91 days prior to departure, agents will receive 65 per cent of their commission
- Within 90 days prior to departure, agents will receive 100 per cent of their commission
“We have done extensive market research and are confident that our deposit and cancellation terms are in line with the best in the expedition cruising industry,” said MJ Swan, Director of Business Development, Adventure Canada. “Our top of class policies offer flexibility for your clients while keeping us competitive and better protecting your commission.”
Advisors can find the new policies in Adventure Canada’s updated Travel Advisor Booking Terms & Conditions.