Aeroplan members can now double-dip by earning both Aeroplan points and Starbucks Stars at participating Starbucks locations throughout Canada.
Starting today (08MAR), members can link their Aeroplan account to a Starbucks Rewards account to start reaping the benefits.
“We redesigned Aeroplan with the feedback and ideas of over 36,000 people. Consistently across this group, members told us that they wanted more opportunities to earn and redeem points in their everyday lives at their favourite brands. We’re proud to launch this first-of-its-kind partnership with Starbucks,” said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce, Air Canada.
In addition to launching this new partnership with Starbucks, Aeroplan plans to introduce a series of limited-time “Aeroplan Ahead” offers throughout 2021, giving members special earning opportunities.
How the Aeroplan/Starbucks partnership works:
- Link the Aeroplan account with a Starbucks Rewards account at aircanada.com/starbucks.
- Earn Aeroplan points for the following Starbucks Rewards activities.
- 75 Aeroplan points for loading or reloading $50 up to $74.99 to a Starbucks Card.
- 150 Aeroplan points for loading or reloading $75 or more to a Starbucks Card.
New Starbucks Rewards members can earn a one-time bonus of 400 Aeroplan points when they create a new account, link it to their Aeroplan account and make their first purchase using the Starbucks app within one month of creating the Starbucks Rewards account.
To celebrate the launch, members can earn more Aeroplan points for the following limited time bonus Starbucks Rewards activities:
- Until 06JUN, 2021, earn 25 Aeroplan points when you make four or more qualifying transactions in a week.
- Earn 50 Aeroplan points every time you redeem at least 150 Stars two times or more in one calendar month until 31MAY, 2021.
Linked members can also purchase Starbucks Cards for a discounted number of points. Redeem as little as 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 Starbucks Card at the Aeroplan eStore.
Until 07NOV, 2021, members who use their TD Aeroplan Visa card earn 50 per cent more Aeroplan points for every $1 spent on eligible credit card purchases at participating Starbucks locations. Click here for more details.