When it comes to selling travel, it’s often having the finer details at your fingertips that helps you to close a sale.
And that’s why the 49 travel agents from across B.C’s Lower Mainland who spent their lunch hour at an agent workshop at Vancouver’s Library Square Conference Centre last week are now head and shoulders above the competition.
As the advisors saw first-hand, Freddie Marsh, Playa Resorts & Hotels’ BDM for Western Canada, lives and breathes the brand he represents – and he has a unique talent of bringing the resorts to life when he’s talking about them, even when he’s in a workshop setting thousands of miles away from the resort. And he has a match for every beach resort client.
- Are you looking for a “zen” resort for your laid-back clients? Marsh thinks they’ll adore the Hilton Yucatan Resort.
- Searching for a lazy river that carries your clients past a swim-up bar? Marsh suggests you check out the Jamaica Hilton Rose Hall.
- Are your foodie clients looking for a unique dining experience? Marsh reckons they’ll love eating fine Indian cuisine in an antique railcar at Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana.
- You have a client who loves beer? Marsh suggests you point them in the direction of the Hyatt Ziva Cancun – it has its own microbrewery.
- How about that client who wants their own private island which they access via a bridge? (It’s not a lot to ask – we know!) Marsh reckons they’ll just fall in love Sanctuary Cap Cana.
It’s the kind of first-hand, insider knowledge that’s worth its weight in gold.
The in-depth workshop covered all the brands in Playa’s stylish portfolio (Hyatt Ziva & Zilara, Wyndham Ultra, Hilton All Inclusive, Jewel Resorts and Sanctuary Cap Cana), as well a whole host of property updates, the benefits of the AgentCASH+ rewards program and the lucrative potential of making bookings with Playa’s ‘Group Codes’ scheme.
Highlights included spotlights on new resorts like the Yucatan Resort Tapestry Collection by Hilton and the Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun, as well as the Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya, which debuts this December.
Personal Gifts for your Clients
Marsh reminded travel agents to report their sales at AgentCASH+. Not only do agents receive points for free in-resort nights or a pre-paid Visa card when they report – but their clients also receive a personal gift and note from their travel agent when they arrive in their suite.
He also highlighted the Group Code program, which allows agents to create a group from individual FIT bookings. There’s no need for a group contract and any complimentary rooms are refunded to the travel agency or the client – it’s the agent’s choice – when travel is completed.
A Win-Win Partnership
Rose Cosentino, vice president sales, Canada, Europe & Asia at Playa Hotels & Resorts, flew in to Vancouver from Toronto to show her support for Western agents at the event.
“We’ve all gone through a lot in the last 26 months, but we can connect again now,” she said. “We are in the industry of dealing with people and having that connection, which we’ve all missed for the last 26 months – so I felt compelled to come and physically show my support by being here.
“Vancouver is a key market for us and we need the support of the travel agent community. They are part of our success. We feel that if we make them successful, that in turn means that we are successful. It’s a partnership that’s a win-win.”