As the vital sun vacation sales season begins, Sandals has introduced a new program that appears to anticipate – and double down on the solution – to each and every worry that might hold an advisor’s client from booking a resort vacation this winter.
It doesn’t have a fancy name: Sandals Vacation Assurance Program. But some of its inclusions are consumer protections the industry has never seen before. And it extends those protections through to the end of 2022.
All current and new reservations made now through 31DEC 2021, for travel through to 31DEC 2022 will automatically receive the Sandals and Beaches Vacation Assurance Protection at no charge.
Groundbreaking inclusions in the program are:
- Replacement Vacation if a trip is interrupted while on vacation; and
- Quarantine stays of up to 14 nights at no charge if required, even
- Replacement airfare credit for bookings with air (if booked directly through Unique Travel Corp.)
According to Sandals Resorts International Executive Chairman Adam Stewart, the new Sandals Vacation Assurance Program is designed to let travellers feel they have regained control over unpredictable events during the pandemic – and that their vacation investment is a safe one.
”While we recognize the real concerns that may weigh on our guests’ minds, we’re taking extraordinary measures to remove worry from the equation so travellers can delight in the entire travel journey – from booking to departure,” Stewart said.
“We want to put the fun and joy of planning and anticipating a great vacation back into travel.”
In addition to the unprecedented free quarantine, and vacation do-over parts of the Sandals Vacation Assurance Program also includes industry-best other included protections, like
- COVID-19 testing to meet any government requirement from the comfort of the resort;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (excluding Quebec residents);
- “Cancel anytime” reservation policy, without penalties or added fees – 31 days or more for a 100% refund or within 30 days for a future travel date credit;
- A Vacation Assurance Hotline should guests or travel advisors have any questions related to travel protocols or anything else related to COVID-19; as well as the resort company’s
- Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness, implemented at all Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts, to ensure heightened health and safety measures throughout their stay.
“Throughout our 40-year history, and especially during difficult times, we have always put guests first,” Stewart added.
“Combined with our proven track record of health and safety, our new Sandals Vacation Assurance Program is the guarantee our guests can count on. It’s another example that we will do whatever it takes to continue to earn their trust so they can focus on what truly matters: quality time in our beautiful Caribbean with the ones they love most.”
Certain restrictions apply. Advisors are encouraged to get more information about the new program at https://www.sandals.com/book-with-confidence/