Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas is introducing Camp Verano: a luxury summer camp for adults that combines adventure with physical activity and relaxation in a refined setting for a getaway designed to reset the mind, body and spirit.
Situated on the less-travelled side of Los Cabos, the East Cape’s longstanding history of discovery and adventure dates back to the 1940s when acclaimed author John Steinbeck explored the then-mysterious gulf between Baja California and mainland Mexico for his prolific travel and science diary, The Log from the Sea of Cortez. By the mid-1950s, the East Cape had become a hidden-in-plain-sight playground for California celebrities and Texas fisherman who came seeking the infinite landscape and limitless possibilities for untapped exploration.
Camp Verano harnesses the region’s storied history to create a modern-day luxury escape for adults that is rooted in the playful programming and heart-fulfilling fun associated with traditional summer camps. The six-day program includes the following:
- Day One: Arrive at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas. Settle in, meet with one’s camp counsellor to go over the week’s schedule and receive “camper gear,” which includes the official Camp Verano t-shirt, as well as sleep-away essentials such as a hat, water bottle and sunscreen. Those who wish to experience a screen-free week may check their electronic devices with their counsellor to be returned at the end of camp.
- Day Two: Explore Cabo Pulmo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site just a 45-minute drive from t
he Resort. The exclusive tour for snorkelers and divers of all levels includes a full day of underwater exploration in what Jacques Cousteau called “the aquarium of the world.” Discover the oldest of only three coral reefs on the west coast of North America, known for its hundreds of schooling jacks and mobula rays, sea lions, turtles, whales and resident bull sharks.
- Day Three: Push the body to the limit with an invigorating sunrise sweat session to kick the day off. Hike to the top of nearby Flat Rock for stunning aerial views of the East Cape and a breath-taking 30-minute HIIT class. Cap off the day with a guided off-roading tour and fly through the expansive foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains at sunset.
- Day Four: Seek and you shall find a hidden oasis in the desert to start the day. Explore nearby Santiago and hike to the majestic Sol de Mayo waterfall and natural water slides where fresh water cascades over granite boulders. Spend the rest of the day recharging at one of the Resort’s six pools, or on the two-mile (3,200 metre) stretch of swimmable beach.
- Day Five: Adventuring can be exhausting. All campers are invited to enjoy an exclusive treatment at Oasis Spa: Luna de Agave, a restorative treatment that uses indigenous blue agave leaf extract oil to soothe and repair the nervous system, improve circulation, reduce swelling and sharpen clarity. In honour of Camp Verano’s last night, campers are treated to a private four-course dinner on the beach complete with s’mores around the campfire.
- Day Six: Guests are invited to be their own pen pal by writing themselves a letter that captures feelings and what that have learned after a week on the East Cape. Each guest’s camp counsellor will send it a few weeks following departure to help bring the spirit Camp Verano into their everyday life.