In response to strong demand, ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea is adding three new Antarctica Bridge voyages for the 2023-2024 season.
The seamless, fly-cruise programme provides what Silversea says is the “fastest, most direct route to Antarctica by enabling travelers to fly over the Drake Passage in business-class comfort.” Silversea has three ice-class ships cruising the White Continent for guests, with a broad array of voyage lengths and fly-cruise options.
“In response to exceptional demand, we have added three new fly-cruise voyages aboard Silver Cloud for 2024, enhancing our industry-leading Antarctica offering and strengthening our destination leadership,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President and CEO.
“We offer guests the luxury of choice, with the most diverse offering in ultra-luxury Antarctica cruising. Our pioneering Antarctica Bridge option is tremendously popular with time-conscious travellers who prefer to experience the White Continent without crossing the Drake Passage.”
Watch a video about Silversea’s Antarctica “Bridge”:
THREE NEW VOYAGES ABOARD SILVER CLOUD
Adding to Silversea’s existing Antarctica Bridge offering for 2022 and 2023, guests seeking the fast track to the White Continent may select from two new five-day expedition voyages aboard Silver Cloud, departing 02 and 07FEB 2024, as well as a 6-day sailing departing 12FEB 2024.
After landing at Chile’s Eduardo Frei Montalva air base on King George Island, guests will spend the same amount of time exploring Antarctica as on the cruise line’s conventional itineraries. They will journey deep into destinations such as Antarctic Sound, the Antarctic Peninsula, and the South Shetland Islands, before returning to King George Island.
Silversea’s experienced Expedition Team will guide Zodiac tours, kayaking adventures, and explorations ashore, as well as provide lectures on the region’s fascinating geology, wildlife, and history to enrich the journey for guests. In addition to witnessing incredible ice formations and otherworldly landscapes, guests will visit large penguin rookeries, and may see several species of seals, whales, and other birds.
SEAMLESS JOURNEYS VIA PUERTO WILLIAMS
For sailings that cross the Drake Passage, Silversea recently enhanced guests’ journeys to Antarctica with the launch of round-trip voyages from Puerto Williams, Chile. From the 2022-2023 season, guests sailing aboard the line’s three ice-class expedition ships – Silver Cloud, Silver Wind and Silver Explorer – will enjoy more convenient flight times, personalized service during a private charter flight, and quicker transfers to the ship, on exclusive itineraries departing from the new gateway of Puerto Williams. The close cooperation of the Chilean authorities and local stakeholders enabled the enhancement.
INCLUSIVE POLAR OFFERING
Silversea says it provides the most inclusive polar offering in ultra-luxury expedition cruising. Guests travelling on the cruise line’s Antarctica Bridge voyages enjoy the following inclusions:
- Private executive transfers
- International round-trip flights
- One night pre-cruise hotel stay and one post-cruise hotel night stay in Santiago
- In-country flights to Punta Arenas
- One Pre-cruise hotel and one post-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas
- Private Business Class roundtrip flight between Punta Arenas and King George Island
- Transfers and luggage handling
- Limited complimentary Wi-Fi
- Multiple restaurants serving diverse cuisine and in-suite 24-hour dining service, including caviar
- Premium beverages in-suite and throughout the ship
- Butler service and onboard gratuities
- Highly-qualified Expedition Team, comprising of experts in their field
- Enrichment lectures, guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shore-side activities
- Complimentary expedition gear, including parka, backpack, and water bottle, as well as the use of boots, waterproof pants, and walking poles.
View Silversea’s Antarctica Bridge voyages, and find applicable terms and conditions by clicking here.