Viking has announced its newest ocean ship, Viking Saturn, will join its fleet in early 2023. The 930-guest ship will spend its inaugural season sailing three new itineraries in Scandinavian and Nordic countries, including two 15-day journeys, Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada and Iceland & Norway’s Arctic Explorer, and the 29-day Greenland, Iceland, Norway & Beyond voyage. In addition, Viking also announced it will be bringing back its 8-day Iceland’s Natural Beauty itinerary starting in AUG 2023.
“The thousands of guests who sailed our Welcome Back voyage in Iceland this past summer enjoyed the experience so much they provided record-level ratings,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking.
“These new itineraries are ideal for curious travelers and trace routes of the early Viking explorers to Iceland and other North Atlantic destinations known for their natural beauty. We look forward to welcoming Viking Saturn to our fleet and to offering guests even more ways to explore this unique part of the world in comfort.”
New and Returning 2023 Nordic Itineraries:
Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada – This new, 15-day itinerary spans Iceland, Greenland and the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Sailing between New York City and Reykjavik, guests will admire the volcanic landscape of the Westman Islands, relax in Djúpivogur, and stroll the streets of towns like Seydisfjördur and Akureyri.
Iceland & Norway’s Arctic Explorer – On this new, 15-day journey, guests will discover life in the north during a voyage across the Arctic Circle and along the shores of Norway and Iceland. After enjoying an overnight stay in Viking Saturn’s home port of Bergen, guests can follow the footsteps of Vikings in Honningvåg’s remote North Cape and explore Longyearbyen, which is home to more polar bears than people.
Greenland, Iceland, Norway & Beyond – Guests can also choose to combine these two new itineraries for a new, 29-day voyage. Departing from the former Hanseatic League city of Bergen, guests can trace the path of Vikings through the Scandinavian countries of Norway, Iceland and Greenland before making their way to Canada and concluding in New York.
Iceland’s Natural Beauty – Returning in 2023, this 8-day roundtrip journey from Reykjavik explores the shores of Iceland. Sailing on Viking Star, guests will can encounter waterfalls and fjord landscapes. Guests can follow in the footsteps of explorer Leif Eriksson and observe the local wildlife.
Viking’s ocean ships have 465 staterooms that can host 930 guests. Viking Saturn will join the ocean fleet in 2023, following Viking Mars and Viking Neptune in 2022. Viking’s ocean fleet features Scandinavian design, and highlights include:
- All Veranda Staterooms: Guests can choose from five stateroom categories, starting from 270 sq. ft. Veranda Staterooms, all with private verandas, views of the destination and premium amenities that include king-size beds, a large interactive flat-screen LCD TVs with movies-on-demand, free Wi-Fi and more.
- Explorer Suites: The ships feature 14 Explorer Suites, which are two-room suites ranging from 757 to 1,163 sq. ft featuring views from wraparound private verandas.
- Two Pool Choices: In addition to the Main Pool with a retractable roof permitting any-season swimming, the ships feature a glass-backed Infinity Pool cantilevered off the stern.
- LivNordic Spa: The Spa on board is designed with the philosophy of Scandinavia in mind, from the centuries-old tradition of the sauna to a Snow Grotto.
- Dining Choices: Viking’s ships offer eight dining options, all with no additional charge or fee, from fine dining in The Restaurant, which serves three full meals and a variety of culinary options, and the World Café, which features international fare and regional specialties including a sushi and seafood cold bar, to alternative dining experiences at The Chef’s Table, which offers a multi-course tasting menu with wine pairings, and Manfredi’s, which features freshly prepared pastas and Italian favorites, among others.
For more information on Viking, visit its web site.