There are a dozen new additions to the free-flowing list of awards for Celebrity Cruises’ wine program, which the cruise lines says is the “most awarded wine collection at sea” with 89 awards in less than a decade.
The latest accolades come from Wine Spectator magazine, which annually recognizes restaurant wine lists which feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
All of the main dining room restaurants on ships in Celebrity’s Millennium and Solstice Series received this year’s “Award of Excellence.”
“We’ve taken the utmost care to curate a collection of wines that not only complements the culinary experience for our guests, but is synergistic with the destinations we visit,” said Cornelius Gallagher, vice president of food and beverage for Celebrity Cruises.
“The recognition from such a prestigious group is a testament to the details we’ve poured into ensuring we create a special wine experience for our guests.”
In addition to receiving 10 “Awards of Excellence” for the second consecutive year, Celebrity received two “Best of Awards of Excellence” for its unique wine lists on the line’s newest ships — Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge — making it the only cruise line among a small, elite group of establishments in the world that have received awards for the past nine consecutive years.
The list of Celebrity Cruises Wine Spectator’s 2021 Restaurant Awards includes:
- Celebrity Apex — Cyprus (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2020) and Fine Cut (“Award of Excellence” since 2020)
- Celebrity Constellation – San Marco (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Eclipse – Moonlight Sonata (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Edge – Normandie (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2019)
- Celebrity Equinox – Silhouette (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Infinity – Trellis (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Millennium – Metropolitan (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Reflection – Opus (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Silhouette – Grand Cuvee (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Solstice – Grand Epernay (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Summit – Cosmopolitan (“Award of Excellence”)
Celebrity Cruises notes some of the aspects of its wine program that give it an ‘Edge.’
It claims one of “the largest wine collections at sea” with more than 500 selections of the world’s “most sought-after wine regions and most acclaimed labels.” Sommeliers on board every ship in the fleet offer not only guidance but also immersive wine experiences for guests, including:
- World Wine Tours – opportunities to sample different wines from across the globe and learn about regional and varietal technicalities
- Food and Wine Pairing Workshops – samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and the way food and wine interact
- Destination Wine Tours – immersions into beautiful regional wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings
For more information on all Celebrity Cruises offerings, visit www.celebritycruises.com.