Aeroplan, Air Canada's loyalty program, has launched HotelSavers. The new program allows members to book stays with Aeroplan points at preferential rates at a broad range of hotels worldwide.
Highlights of the new program include:
- Members can use points to book top hotel brands worldwide with up to 30% fewer points;
- 39 hotel brands across 11 chains to participate at launch;
- Over 7,000 points hotels around the world to choose from, giving members many choices to redeem their Aeroplan points.
"When Canadians want to fly on points, they can already count on Aeroplan as Aeroplan credit card holders can redeem for Air Canada flight rewards for an average of 30% fewer points than if they used points for non-Aeroplan Canadian bank-based travel programs. However, no one has focused on delivering Canadians a great hotel rewards program – that changes today," said Scott O'Leary, Vice President, Loyalty and Product at Air Canada.
"With HotelSavers, we're now offering Aeroplan members great options to book hotels using their points – without compromising the excellent value they've come to expect. HotelSavers is yet another way we're investing to solidify Aeroplan as the go-to rewards choice for all Canadians who travel."
Aeroplan's direct partnerships with hotels and exclusively negotiated redemption rates provides savings in points up to 30% versus non-HotelSavers hotels available on the member exclusive reservation platform. A rewards grid allows travellers to know how many points are needed for stays at one of eight reward categories, ranging from economy to luxury. There are stays for a range of travel budgets, beginning at 10,000 points per night for a standard room with no restrictions on room availability.
Taxes are always included and all Aeroplan HotelSavers properties offer an option to book a refundable rate. Some HotelSavers properties also offer non-refundable options for even fewer points. Additionally, members have the option to redeem 50/50 (points plus cash) to pay for their stays.
HotelSavers is launching with 39 world-class hotel brands for redemption, including some of the world's most coveted hotels and unique properties, including:
- (Luxury) Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, Taj Hotels, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels and others;
- (Premium) Le Germain Hotels, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts, Pullman, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts and others;
- (Midscale & Economy) Coast Hotels, Holiday Inn Hotels, Novotel Hotels & Resorts, Alt Hotels; Ibis and Ibis Styles.
HotelSavers is in addition to Aeroplan's 45 airline partners for flight rewards, as well as retail partners like Starbucks and Ontario's LCBO, and additional travel partners like Uber.
For more information, visit aircanada.com/hotelsavers.