The Exumas in The Bahamas are expected to welcome an increase of Canadian visitors over the winter season as Air Canada Vacations announces the operation of direct flights from Toronto to George Town, commencing 19DEC 2021.
The Airbus A220-300 flights will run once a week on Sundays until 17APR 2022, departing at 9:30 a.m. from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport and arriving in The Bahamas by 1 p.m.
The Islands of The Bahamas newly appointed Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments & Aviation, the Hon. I. Chester Cooper, said: “We are excited to welcome new and returning Canadian visitors who want to escape the winter weather, to visit and enjoy the beautiful Out Island of Exuma.”
He continued, “Air Canada Vacation’s direct flight from Toronto Pearson to George Town not only benefits travellers but also the local community on Exuma.”
“As the demand for leisure travel continues to grow, we’re ready to advance the recovery of our industry by meeting the needs of travellers from all walks of life," said Nino Montagnese, Vice President, Air Canada Vacations.
"We want to entice Canadians to dream of relaxation, adventure and sunnier days ahead. Exuma provides the perfect breathtaking backdrop for those dreams.”
Effective 08NOV 2021, Air Canada will also be offering daily flights from Toronto to Nassau, and beginning in DEC, weekend flights will be available from Montreal to Nassau.
The Bahamas Ministry of Health and Wellness is reminding travel advisors and travellers about its COVID-19 protocols to help ensure the safety of its residents, airline essential workers and visitors. The following protocols are in effect:
- All persons travelling to The Bahamas are required to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa at travel.gov.bs. Effective 01OCT 2021, a Travel Health Visa will no longer be required for inter-island travel within The Bahamas.
- All arriving passengers, vaccinated and unvaccinated, as part of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, will be required to opt in to COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas. The cost of insurance is included in the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
- Fully vaccinated travellers will be required to upload negative Rapid Antigen test results in addition to valid proof of vaccination (Provincial government issued vaccine record card).
- Unvaccinated Canadians travelling to The Bahamas must obtain and present an rt-PCR test and take a Rapid Antigen test on the 5th day of their stay.
- As of 06AUG 2021, all children, between the ages of 2 and 11, wishing to enter The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen or PCR test), taken no more than five (5) days prior to the date of arrival in The Bahamas. All children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements.
To learn more about the protocols, please click here.