Air Canada has launched a new, “Rise Higher” brand spot to support Team Canada’s journey to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games this week.
The airline has also announced more support for Team Canada’s athletes and opportunities for Canadian fans to celebrate the occasion.
This follows Air Canada’s previous support for the team, which includes flying Team Canada athletes, coaches and support staff from Toronto and Vancouver to Japan on 01JUL onboard a 787 Dreamliner outfitted with special livery Open Jaw shared with readers a few weeks ago.
“Our country’s athletes inspire so many of us with their drive, focus and determination to be the best at what they do. Their resilience to keep working towards their goals despite the challenges that came up with the pandemic is motivating,” said Andrew Shibata, Vice President – Brand at Air Canada.
“We are proud to pay tribute to them with the launch of a new brand spot titled ‘Rise Higher‘ that will be featured during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony. We are also excited to engage Canadian fans to cheer on and connect with Team Canada in unique and innovative ways with never-before-seen initiatives that have been developed to enable fans to experience the 2020 Games as if they were there.”
In addition to transporting Team Canada to and from the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Air Canada has announced that it will:
- Premier its new “Rise Higher” brand spot during the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony broadcast
- Give Canadian fans a chance to win two round-trip tickets to anywhere the airline flies in North America or a spot to participate in one of six exclusive virtual experiences where they will have a unique opportunity to talk to athletes live from Tokyo in collaboration with CBC/Radio-Canada;
- Give Canadian fans the chance to interact with some athletes and welcome them back home while they are onboard their Air Canada flight through one of five Twitter Q&A sessions hosted by Team Canada. Details on how to participate will be posted via Team Canada’s social channels;
- Provide athletes quality customer service when travelling from major airports across Canada with Air Canada’s own employee-driven initiative
- Give athletes individual care kits, including Canadian-made travel essentials, complimentary Wi-Fi streaming pass courtesy of Intelsat, and Aeroplan points;
- Provide all athletes with complimentary 35K status which includes free checked bags through the Aeroplan Elite Podium Program;
- Celebrate Team Canada’s journey with a special seat sale from Canada to all destinations Air Canada flies to. Seats are available for booking now, with further details at on its site.
Air Canada has been a sponsor of the Canadian Olympic Team since 1988 and a sponsor of the Canadian Paralympic Team since 2007.