The Bahamas is gearing up to host two virtual “From The Bahamas With Love” events to highlight the various romantic escapes that the destination has to offer, with one of the sessions planned entirely for travel advisors.
The virtual events will kick off on 03MAR, 2021 (from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST), with an afternoon planned specifically for trade professionals, including travel agents and event planners. The second day will be held on 10MAR, 2021 (from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST), and is open to consumers, including soon-to-be engaged or recently engaged couples, future brides and grooms, bachelorette party planners, honeymoon do-over seekers and more.
“From the Bahamas With Love” will feature a series of panel discussions with experts from across all romance industry sectors, along with opportunities to network directly with partners. The event will allow attendees to have a ‘taste’ of the Bahamas by offering the following activities and presentations:
- Panels & Breakout Sessions: Virtual sessions will highlight current trends, how to accommodate various wedding styles and preferences in The Bahamas, and keeping the romance alive with activities and adventures for every type of couple. Sessions to include:
- Love On Board (03MAR) featuring Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Deputy Director General Ellison “Tommy” Thompson and the three promotion boards.
- A New Take on Romantic Travel (03MAR) being moderated by Alan Berg, Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and leading wedding business consultant, featuring panelists Lisa Sheldon (Co-founder of Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Specialist Association), David Woods (President of the Association of Bridal Consultants) and Danielle Andrews (Co-founder of the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada)
- Romance Reimagined (03MAR and 10MAR) being moderated by Bridgette King, Executive Director with the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, featuring panelists Jena Conway (Director of Weddings and Special Occasions at Atlantis, Paradise Island), Gilda Noboa, Director of Sales and Marketing for USA and Canada (Viva Wyndham); Desiree Moxey, Director of Events (Baha Mar Grand Hyatt) (Boutique hotels will be featured during the consumer day panel discussion.)
- Love Is All You Need (03MAR and 10MAR) with moderator Cindy Coakley-Knowles, President of the Bahamas Bridal Association, and featuring panelists Natalie Appleyard, Director of Wildflowers; Marva Munroe of Chic Bahamas Weddings, photographer Lyndah Wells and Kenton Burrows of Expressions Entertainment.
- Romance Me in The Bahamas (10MAR) with moderator Alison McGill, Editor, Weddingbells Magazine, and featuring panelists Tracey Manailescu, Co-founder of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada and David Cox, Publisher of Caribbean Bride Magazine
- Listen Up and Sell More Workshops (03MAR): featuring presenter Alan Berg, CSP who will be discussing how to ask better questions to help you sell more in less time.
- Keynote Speaker (10MAR): Jennifer Stein, Editor-in-chief of Destination I Do magazine, will deliver the expo’s keynote address, “Keep Calm & Marry On,” highlighting the shifts in the industry and how couples are finding creative ways to bring to life their weddings, honeymoons and romantic escapes safely amidst the pandemic.
- Virtual Networking Booths: Walk the virtual floor visiting a variety of booths to collect essential information for download or take advantage of the live chat feature allowing participants to ask questions and speak directly with local hoteliers and Bahamas Romance specialists.
- A Taste of The Bahamas Experiences: Be transported to The Bahamas featuring the making of signature cocktails, enjoy the culinary delights of a Bahamian Chef or check out the latest bridal fashion as models walk the runway for a Bahamian fashion show.
- “From The Bahamas with Love” Magazine Launch: Participants will be offered access to the first edition of the digital magazine, launching 10MAR, with exclusive wedding planning content including — top venue recommendations, bachelorette party planning inspiration, as well as made in The Bahamas decor and styling tips.
- Prizes and Giveaways (10MAR): Lucky couples will have a chance to win one of 16 romantic experiences, including an all-expenses paid romantic getaway to The Bahamas and a destination wedding or vow renewal.
“With intimate, secluded cays, unmatched turquoise waters and pink- and white-sand beaches, it’s easy to understand why The Bahamas is considered one of the world’s most romantic destinations,” said Joy Jibrilu, Director General of the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation.
“With so many offerings available, we are thrilled to connect consumers to experts across a number of industries through our virtual romance expo experience to ensure the ease of planning a romantic Bahamian getaway, especially after so many plans were upended this last year.”
Links to register for the events:
Travel Trade (03MAR, 2021): https://www.bahamas.com/from-the-bahamas-with-love…
Consumer (10MAR, 2021): https://www.bahamas.com/from-the-bahamas-with-love…